Plantlife Juniper Assessment workshop
Plantlife Scotland is running two Juniper assessment workshops to demonstrate and rollout their new Juniper Self-Assessment proforma, on the 13th March near Aberfeldy, and on the 14th March near Strathpeffer.
Suitable for anyone with an interest in Juniper management and conservation, these workshops will allow participants to identify site conditions and appropriate management options for assisting natural regeneration.
Included in the survey is a brief Juniper Condition Survey, looking at various symptoms of ill-health in populations and points toward potential causes – with the spread of new plant diseases this checklist can be useful as an alert for fungal root infections in Juniper, such as Phythophthora austrocedrae.
The workshops will start at 13.00 and end at 15.30 at the latest. Participants will learn to:
- Carry out a Juniper condition survey on a sample of bushes
- Be familiar with symptoms of ill-health in Juniper and the potential causes
- Identify current site management operations
- Assess regeneration potential
- Identify opportunites for management options
To book a place or for more information regarding the workshops contact:
|Date||13 Mar 2013 - 13:00|