IEEM West Midlands Section - Call for New Convenor
26 Jul 2012
The role of Convenor to the West Midlands Section is soon to become available and we would like to encourage members of the section to come forward and stand.
An IEEM Section Convenor’s role is to
- chair the meetings of the Geographic Section Committee
- arrange an annual general meeting with the support of the Secretariat and the Section Secretary
- lead the Committee in exercising its role and in compliance with the Section policies and procedures
- represent the Institute at events and functions
- represent the Section on the Advisory Forum, or to arrange for an alternative member of the committee to attend on their behalf and
- ensure that the Committee submits a brief annual report on the Section’s activities.
The Convenor is supported by a Vice Convenor, a Secretary, a Treasurer and up to twelve further committee members.
Nomination forms were sent out to all members of the West Midlands Section on 25 July. If you have not received yours or require a duplicate, please contact email@example.com
If interested in the role of Convenor but would like to discuss it further please contact Helen Boulden or Sally Hayns on 01962 868626. Otherwise please feel free to complete the self-nomination form, get it signed by your proposer and seconder and send it in to the IEEM Office in Winchester.
The deadline for all nomination papers (Convenor and Committee member) is 24th August 2012